Friday, July 29, 2011

Jaho, JaHey!

imgres.jpeg
I am Jaho, in the South End of Boston, a coffee shop that just opened up in May.  Sonya and I are working on our wedding invitations with our good friend, Kyle Begin, a man with a much better eye for design than I.  Its a tense wedding invitation session, and I'm wondering why I'm here (why is any groom here? - the esoteric question) My job as best as I can tell is to feed the meter, nod voraciously when looked at, crack the occasional joke to earn a glare, and run for coffee, which brought me to Jaho.  


OK, only the second coffee shop I reviewed, but the best so far.  I didn't love living in the South End, so it was even more of a treat, since I was expecting the snootiness level to go through the roof.  


Cappucino - (1 - 10): 8 out of 10.  A bit of a smoky flavor, not too overpowering, delightfully hot enough.  


Ambiance - (1 - 10): 9 out of 10.  Really laid back, plenty of seats, nice people.


Snootiness Level - (1 - 10): 3 out of 10.  The woman who first greeted me was a little snooty, but it could have been a bit of shyness.  Cody is the man!


Staff - (1 - 10): 10 out of 10.  Cody the barrista was friendly, fast and welcoming.  I'd come back in here just because of him.  

Cleanliness - (1 - 10): 10 out of 10.  Very Clean (maybe I don't need this category.  There's not much you can say).

Strangest thing that happened while I visited: An older woman came over while I was cleaning up the sugar/honey/milk area after my Sugar-in-the-Raw packet had exploded (as they often do with my big old paws).  It was a bit awkward.  I didn't realize she was there, had my back to her, and she stood there and watched as I attempted to get all the little granules of sugar in the garbage hole.  All she wanted was to get some sugar, and I had boxed her out like Shaq under the basket.  Fortunately, I spotted her, apologized too loudly and scurried over to the other side of the room.  


Worth a visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment