Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Evil Empire... Or is it?

My first posting happens to be in a Starbucks in Arlington, MA.  My power is out (hot day in July), so here I am.  This is the Starbucks on Mass Ave.  Let's get down to business:


Cappucino - (1 - 10): 7 out of 10.  Starbucks is usually consistent in this regard.  I like ordering my cappucino 180 degrees, though I feel slightly pretentious when I order this, as if some college hippie is going to jump out of the corner, scream "Yuppie!" and throw organically grown Kool Aid at me.  


Ambiance - (1 - 10): They have a nice set up with plenty of natural light and a wide open feel.  Its also not too crowded, and I only had to elbow one commuter out of the way for this table.



Staff - (1 - 10):  Very nice.  Cleaned my table, gave me a spoon and didn't glare at me (yet).  

Snootiness Level - (1 - 10): 3.  Very friendly conversations with two elderly people.  Only negative was when I jumped out of my chair to open the door for a Mom with a super-stroller, and she looked at me like she was doing me a favor.  Just to mess with her head I thanked her and asked me to call me admiral.  


Cleanliness - (1 - 10): 7.  Tables and bathroom were messy, but generally the rest of the place was clean.  


Strangest thing that happened while I visited: An older gentleman asked the girl behind the counter if she was Irish (she wasn't) and then proceeded to rattle off every country in Europe to try and find out where she was from.  I learned today that people from Luxembourg are called 
Lëtzebuerger from this gentleman.  The poor girl looked very embarrassed, as if not knowing what country your great-great-grandfather was from reflect poorly on your employment with Four Bucks (I found out from http://www.walletpop.com/2010/08/30/10-best-company-nicknames/ their nickname.  

No comments:

Post a Comment